Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the health department.
COVID-19 Online Risk Assessment
To help support the health of our community, we are providing access to an online COVID-19 risk assessment developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This tool does NOT provide a diagnosis, and it should NOT be used as a substitute for an assessment made by a healthcare provider.
Livingston Regional Hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to work closely with local and state health departments and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure our hospital is prepared with the appropriate plans to detect, protect and respond should anyone in our community contract or be exposed to the novel coronavirus (COVID–19). Additionally, we are reviewing our facility’s robust emergency operations plan and proactively completing a number of preparation checklists out of an abundance of caution.
LRH has taken the following measures to prepare, in accordance with CDC guidelines:
- Patients in the Emergency Department and inpatient units are screened based on their recent travel history.
- Personal protective equipment is available, including face masks and eye protection, for example.
- Hand hygiene products are easily accessible throughout the facility.
- Importantly, all of the above are standard operating protocols that are in place year-round to help ensure the health and well-being of everyone who enters our hospital.
We want to assure our community that our providers and clinical teams are well-trained and prepared to manage outbreaks of viruses and infectious diseases, including the coronavirus. For more information, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov.
- Visitor Restrictions: (Updated 8.20.2021)
Effective immediately we are taking steps to ensure the safety of our staff and our patients. Visitation will still be permitted but here is the current guidance on allowed visitation
All visitors are required to wear a mask at all timesMasks must cover the nose, mouth and chin at all times
- Patients are permitted one adult (18+) visitor at a time
- One support person is permitted for labor and delivery patients (24/7 visitation hours)
- No visitors for patients in the ER
- No visitors for patients in the ICU
- No visitors for patients with Covid-19
- Patients who are concerned that they have been exposed to the coronavirus should call their PCP or the hospital prior to coming to the facility.
- This will allow us to take additional precautions in an effort to limit the risk of infection to others.